Thursday, October 30, 2008

6th Annual Scherden Pumpkin Carving Contest

The pumpkins are ready to be carved...just waiting for Daddy to get home from work. I thought Jackson would really like to pick out the seeds, but I learned that he DID not like it...he said it was "yucky..."
Jason finally talked him into taking a picture with his hand in the "yucky" stuff. As you can see he loved every minute of it! ;-)
Although, he did LOVE to poke holes in all the pumpkins with the tools.
Making a mess of the upper patio...I'm almost finished!
And here they are from left to right...
Jackson's, Gracie's, Jason's and Emily's
The Japanese love to see the pumpkins outside. Most of them don't really know what to think since they don't have them. It's always fun to see their reactions!

It is a great tradition and I look forward to it every Halloween. It will be fun when the kids can actually carve their own!!

No comments: