Wednesday, September 16, 2009

From sequoias to swim lessons

I am welcoming myself back to the blogging world! ;-) I have taken a little of a hiatus, but am making a promise to myself that I am going to be better about blogging about our new home here in Germany and all the new and exciting things that surround us. We have been busy lately with getting our house in order (still...does it ever end!?!), exploring the area, Jackson's preschool, both Jason and I doing a bible study at church and now both of the kids are enrolled in swim lessons twice a week. Whew! Needless to say, when we have quiet time we are enjoying every minute of it!
Here are a few pictures of a hike we did not far from where we live. There are 9 sequoia trees that were planted around 100 years ago. They were massive! It was a perfect day for a hike and a nap, or so thought Ella...
Here is a little collage of pictures from our day.

Now off to swim lessons...
if you know me, I do get a little tense and nervous when my kids are swimming and in the water. So, what better way to make mommy feel more comfortable when the kids are in the water than swim lessons!
I signed both the kids up at the Aquatic Center on Ramstein. It is the indoor/heated swimming pool where we take the kids to swim during the week. Jackson was so excited and couldn't wait to start. I took a few pictures of him, but as for Grace I didn't get any. As you can see Jackson had so much fun! I can only pray that my kids will learn to love the water and swimming as much as I did. They both loved it and I know it will be a great start to swimming for the two of them.

Jackson would not go to sleep without Emma when it was time for nap. I couldn't resist taking a picture of them sleeping together. Notice Emma is using his dinosaur as a pillow-so cute!

No comments: