Saturday, February 27, 2010

Auf Weidersehen, Mom and Dad!

I knew it was going to come to an end soon, but not that soon! My mom was here for 6 weeks and 1 day to be exact and my dad was here for 3 weeks. We had a great time! I loved showing them our new home and exploring new places that even we had never been to before. By the time they left my mom visited 4 countries-Germany, Czech Republic, Austria and France and my dad did them all but the Czech Republic.

My mom and I went on a trip together (no husbands and no kids!) to Prague for the long weekend. And, oh my was that an adventure. First off, we drove on roads that were not even supposed to be driven on. It was VERY scary the whole way to the airport. But, I didn’t have a choice but to keep going (there was no where to stop unless we wanted to sleep in the car for the night) so we moved at a very slow pace to the airport. After more drama at the airport…we were on our way to Prague. If you ever have the chance to go, I highly recommend it. It is a beautiful city! After two days we headed back home to Germany. And how could the drama end there—the %&*^ GPS got us lost! How do you think that could happen? Aren’t they supposed give you directions!?! Well, not mine! We went through every farm road from the airport, home—and it wasn’t the best weather either. We were never so happy to see our village town sign and know that we were finally home!

We did many, many projects around the house. From painting, to sewing, to organizing it was a very successful, task oriented time. I love having my mom here because it gives me a chance to do things that I wouldn’t otherwise do with the kids.

My dad came for 3 weeks. It was so nice to finally have him with us. The kids love their Daddy Don…especially when he does the Donald Duck sneeze! They played plenty of hide and go seek, games, fighting (for AJ), and dolls (for Grace). A funny memory I have is when dad would play dolls with Grace and have a car accident on the autobahn. It was so funny!

We went on a long weekend vacation to Garmisch in the german alps. It was such a beautiful place. So far, one of my most favorite places yet. Jason and I skied on Friday and had a great day with just the two of us. It had been 13 years since I last skied, so I wasn’t so sure how it was going to go. Just like riding a bike, it came back to the both of us. We went ice skating, enjoyed walking around the village and also had dinner with some friends who were also down there that same weekend.

I love to look back at the pictures and think of the wonderful times we spent together. I can’t wait for their next visit already!

Thank you mom and dad for such a special time here. I treasure you both so much and am so thankful to have such amazing parents. God is so good!

mom and dad's trip 280

mom and dad's trip 289

No comments: