Saturday, March 20, 2010

Oh, the joys of potty training!

Grace is very interested in the potty these days. She loves to "act" like she is going potty, but has yet to master it. It is hard to keep a diaper on her because most of the time she takes it off, and runs to the bathroom yelling, "I go to the potty!" So needless to say she has become our little nudist around here. I found her some plastic covered panties that she can wear so at least there are some what big girl panties for her, and yes, she does have accidents in them. The other day I was getting ready while she was playing in her room. She ran in my bathroom saying, "I go poo poo on bed." I thought uh-oh what does that mean!?! What do you know...I walked in her room to a nice surprise on the bed! Yuck!
I know it will come in time and I am not trying to push her to do it. We have a spring break trip coming up to Spain in a couple of weeks, so maybe I will try after that...but we will see. I believe that she will do it when she is ready as long as I keep her potty seat out and available for when she wants to use it.

No comments: