Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ski Jump Competition/Oberammergau

For New Year's Eve we took a trip with the Yost's to watch the qualifications for the ski jump competition at Garmisch. It was quite a sight to see. It is amazing they jump off that steep of a ramp. I had no idea they went so fast...over 90 miles an hour!
It was a fun trip to take before their new addition makes his debut in April. We loaded up everyone in their car and took the 5+ hour drive. The kids did great all sitting in the back together. It was a special treat for them!
We stayed in Oberammergau (where the Passion play is every ten years) because all the hotels were booked in Garmisch. The village had such a magical feeling to it. It was a trip we will all remember for years to come!

Tom and Jason hanging out in the hotel room before the kids' bedtime.
Awww....they are so sweet together!
The kids had fun playing in the covers.
Our walk up to the competition.
The ski jump...WOW!
All bundled up and ready to watch. It was cold...-1 degrees celsius.


I loved this guy walking around selling gluhwein strapped to his back.
Ella's gloves cracked me up.
Gorgeous view!
Now that's a happy boy with his brat.
Below is Oberammergau on New Year's Eve night.
We were not party animals that night.
The kids went to bed, Tom right behind them because he was sick with a cold, and then the rest of us adults didn't much longer. I guess that's what happens when you get old! ;-)
I love all the painted murals on the buildings there.
I have a thing for doors here in Europe. They are very unique and beautifully carved!

No comments: