While my mom is here visiting Jason and I took advantage of it and went away for the night to Baden Baden. Baden Baden is town on the border of Germany and France that is well known for its spas. We drove on Friday afternoon and went right the the spa house. It is kinda like the onsen in Okinawa...but a little different. There is a 17 step process that you go through. We stripped naked and went right in. It was a little strange at first walking around with no clothes on (co-ed ;-), but after being in there for a few minutes it wasn't so weird. We went from getting really warm in steam baths, and saunas to a whole body scrub. Then after that we went around to the different temperature thermal baths. They were so relaxing! In the end we got a cream massage in got swaddled up like a little baby in the "sleeping room." I didn't think I could fall asleep, but before I knew it I woke myself up snoring. ;-)
We headed back the next day after we took a stroll around the downtown. It is a beautiful area and I look forward to going there this summer and seeing all the green trees.
I absolutely loved being able to have some one on one time with Jason and especially sleeping in together without the kids waking us up early. The trip was SO great!



No comments:
Post a Comment