Tongeren is one of my favorite places to shop for unique items here in Europe. When I went there last May with some friends, I bought our coffee table that I love so much.
While my mom was here for a visit we took a short weekend trip to Belgium. We stayed in Liege which is located only 30 minutes from Tongeren. On Saturday we drove around to some shops and upon Jason's request went and bought a handful of the yummy Belgium beer.
At about 6 on Sunday morning we drove to Tongeren and began shopping.
This black swan was so pretty!
This is a bread bowl from India I got for 30 euro.
(I bought it from the same man I got our coffee table from.)
I couldn't pass up the the beautiful golden demi john!
This is the corner rack I got including two wooden dough boards and one metal one. It is what the dutch used to use (way back in the day) for their dough to rise. According to the woman we bought it from it is from the early 1900's.
I love it!!
Tongeren didn't fail our expectations at all! I love picking up unique treasures and bringing them into my home to admire for years to come.





No comments:
Post a Comment