Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day

We celebrated our Mother's Day a day early here in the Scherden house because of Jason's race.
It was nice having it on a Saturday because we could sleep in and take advantage of the morning without having to rush off to church. We did our usual thing and had breakfast and the T.V. ready for the kids so they could wake up and be okay for a while so Jason and I could sleep in together...it was so nice!

The kids drew me a card for Mother's Day. Much better than any store bought Hallmark card!
 Jackson's card/book
 He had me answer some questions and fill in the blanks with my answers. I thought that was so cute.
 Here is what Grace made me in her class.
That is what I look like according to her.
 This questionnaire is something I just love! It's neat to hear her answers about me through the eyes of a 5 year old.
 Jason made me a spanish omelet for breakfast. We had this in Spain and remembered it was amazing!
 The completed omelet. It was so delicious!!

 I got these beautiful hanging baskets to hang from the terrace. My other gift is still on it's way...so I can't wait to see what it is when it arrives.
Mother's Day this year was very special in so many way. We were able to celebrate it in our new house together all day with no distractions. The morning was relaxed and that carried on into the afternoon. We watched "Annie" as a family, then headed off to dinner after Jason's briefing for the race the next day.
God has truly blessed my life with two wonderful children who I adore. It wouldn't be possible without my amazing husband. I cherish Jason and all he is to me. He made this day special and did everything to make me feel special in every way. Sometimes I wonder what did I do to deserve this man...then I realize that our father in heaven brought us together and it's how it's meant to be.
{BLESSED}

No comments: