Saturday, May 30, 2009

Goodbye 2-7-14 Takahara Okinawa City

We have officially moved out of our house and will be living in the hotel here on base for the next 16 days. Yesterday was the big day where they packed out our entire house. I have been preparing for this packout/move for weeks! It seems that just about everyday I have been cleaning or organizing something. It's amazing how much stuff is accumulated after 5 years and two kids in a house. I got rid of so much stuff! From selling stuff at the flea market to posting items on Okinawa yard sales to throwing the rest away, it's nice knowing we are going to be settling into our house in Germany with the "basics."
The movers arrived at about 8 am on Friday and had our house completely in boxes by 4 that same day. It was amazing to see them pack and arrange all the boxes on the crates that were to be shipped to the other side of the world. They certainly have system to it.
Thankfully some good friends of ours kept Jackson for the day and night so he didn't have to be there during the whole process. After the movers were gone, Jason and I walked through the house one last time and I couldn't help but cry. As I walked from room to room all of the memories and emotions of the last 5 years of living there came flooding back to me. I could just see the kids playing and running from room to room, running on the upstairs balcony, coming down the stairs and so many more. As we were walking around, Grace kept on putting her hands up as to say, "Where did everything go?" It was so cute! I did take a video of our house so one day I will be able to show the kids what their house looked like when they lived in Japan. I know I will always have the memories, but it's just crazy that a simple place with walls can become your home and have such a sentimental part in your heart. I will forever treasure that house and what it means to me.
So...for the next two weeks we are living in a somewhat small hotel/suite room. We have some great facilities around us which I am thankful for. I will be sure to keep myself busy with the kids during our last two weeks here on the island. They are both doing great and adjusting to all these changes so well. As long as Jason and I stay upbeat and positive during all these changes I really feel it shows in our children's attitudes.
I have taken many photos and will be sure to post them as soon as we can get our laptop working in the room. So keep checking back! ;-D

No comments: