First off I knew we had two apple trees in the backyard, but was SO excited when I saw that we
also have a cherry tree! Unfortuntely we won't be here when the cherries are ready to be picked since we are heading back to the States. So, I have told a friend of mine to come over and take all she wants. I would hate to think they would go to waste! But for the apple trees they should be ready not long after we return. I can see homemade applesauce and lots of other "apple" things in the future!
Also, I am loving the fact that it doesn't get dark here until almost 10 o'clock at night. It is still something I need to get used to, especially during the winter months when it would be light for just about 7 or 8 hours a day. And when I say light...I really mean the sun was somewhere hinding behind the clouds-so it makes it more like a grey day. Oh, how I am loving all this sunshine and long days!
My baby apples starting to grow!
Cherries!
Grace has been "helping" me pick the bad ones off the tree.
This picture was taken at about 9:20 at night. Isn't that great!?!



No comments:
Post a Comment