With fall coming to an end I thought I'd share some pictures I took at the peak of the leaves changing. They are all about gone; especially after the wind and rain we have had these past few days.
Fall is now my favorite time of the year. Maybe it's because I have never lived anywhere the leaves changed to such beautiful colors. There is such an inviting feeling to the season. Everyone gets bundled up in their jackets and scarves, the palette of colors among the trees, and the cool, crisp breeze that blows in. I am continuing to love living in Germany with each changing season.
Grace is unsure of what these are. Check out her face!
They are chestnuts inside of a VERY spiky ball. I did learn from Jackson's teachers at school that you can eat the nuts with the point on the end, but not ones that are smooth all around. The smooth ones called buckeyes are poisonous. Good to know! Who knew that something so yummy to eat could come out of such a spiky little thing.
This is the view of the trees from in front of our house.


No comments:
Post a Comment