While the kids and I were playing outside I noticed a caterpillar on the cherry tree. I was SO excited because I have really wanted the kids to see the process of how they change into a butterfly. He ate...and ate...and ate for about 4 days and now this morning we noticed that he attached himself to one of the sticks we put in the jar. I keep thinking he is going to start his chrysalis soon, but it hasn't happened yet. I have sung the kids a song about a caterpillar changing into a butterfly many times in the past...so now I am singing it all the time. (I'll try and get one of the kids to sing it and put the video on the blog.) I think I am more excited to see the process than they are! I'll be sure to keep the blog updated on his/her progress...
Munching away on the cherry tree leaves.


No comments:
Post a Comment