Grace had been wanting a fan so after much searching we found the perfect one for her. She was so proud.
The back entrance of the Sagrada Familia.
Sagrada Familia was designed by Gaudi. At his death in 1926 only a quarter of the work on the Catholic cathedral was completed. The completion of the cathedral is not expected until 2026 (pictured below). Jason and I already said we will make a point to go and see the finished cathedral at that time.
Not the best picture, but seeing the detail in the outside makes me realize how much more work has to be done to make it look like this. It is going to be a spectacular sight to see in 2026!
I love the abstract work on this side passion side of it.
I have seen many cathedrals during our time here in Europe, but none can compare to this place. My jaw just dropped when I walked in. It is A...M...A...Z...I...N...G!
The pictures don't even do it justice. We took over 120 pictures at many angles in this place and it can't capture the beauty.
On the other side it depicts the nativity scene.
Our feet were exhausted at the end of the day. So sitting back felt good at our place.
I am so happy that we didn't eat out on our last night and decided to go to the local market and get food to eat. We had olives, salami, cheese, spanish omelet, pizza, baguette, red pepper, avocado and of course...spanish wine!
The view from our balcony was so beautiful!
Barcelona was a great trip to take over a long weekend. We did and saw some amazing things while we were there. Thanks to my mom for organizing it all and being our "Rick Steves" on the trip. So thankful for all the wonderful memories we made on our trip.














No comments:
Post a Comment