Monday, September 2, 2013

Morning of the Last Day in Barcelona

The last day was my favorite of the other days we spent in Barcelona. We took a short walk to Park Guell along a path that led to the back of the park. 
 On the walk to the park from the apartment we saw this man filling a bag of baguettes with water. We thought it was sort of odd and kept walking. Then we noticed he was behind us on the path and as soon as he stepped in this open area about 60 birds instantly flew down and waited for him to feed them. We nicknamed him "The Bird Man." It was a neat thing to see. There is no telling how long he has been going to that same spot to feed the birds.


 The house on the right was where Gaudi once lived for a short time. The architecture at this park was amazing!
 These benches wrapped around the park and had the gargoyle things on the end. When it rains the water drains out of the gargoyle's mouths.

 I love the curves of this area. I wish I could of had everyone move so I could get a shot with just the rock and not any tourists...but that's what you get for going in September.
 The roof of the gift shop by the entrance.
 Along the ceiling of the upper area of the park were full mosaics with big mosaic circles inside. 
 The famous mosaic lizard. A popular place to take a picture.
 We wanted to go to a tapas restaurant so one night I searched for one on trip advisor. I found this place that looked pretty good so we thought we would try it out. It was a little bit out of the way, but totally worth it!
 There were cold and hot tapas on the menu. At the end of the meal they just count how many toothpicks you had and that's how they know how much to charge on the bill. 
 Not the best picture...but wow! they were so good!
 The inside of the restaurant. This place was definitely not a place for tourists and the perfect tapas experience in Spain.

No comments: