Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Perfect Mother's Day

My mother's day started a week early this year. Jason made it a "week of the mother" with a special letter everyday about something specific. The letters from day 1 to day 7 were: making our house a home, Jackson, kindness, communication, Grace, faith, and the last day was life in a nutshell. Words can not express how truly special each of these letters are to me. What a sweet husband I have to take the time to first of all think of that, then to write a full page for each topic. I am so thankful for him and the man he is to me and the kids!
I woke up to my favorite breakfast burritos, coffee, flowers and cards from the kids. I decided I didn't want my gift until we get to Texas so I can buy some...cowboy boots!
Having these sweet kiddos is the best part of my day. They make my world a better place, fill me with a love I never knew existed and make me proud to be their mom. Life is better with these two.
After church we went to lunch then relaxed on the couch and watched Avatar. It was the first time the kids had seen it, so it was exciting for them!
Sunday was a crazy weather day. There was rain, sunshine, and some hail throughout the afternoon.
We took advantage of the break in the clouds and went on a walk in our village. I absolutely love where we live. I often walk or drive around in complete awe of the view I get to see everyday. It never gets old. 
The horses were out at pasture so Grace was very excited to visit them. 
Billy (the miniature horse) snuck out of the fence to hang with Jackson and Grace.
Love this photo. (But I'm going to have to work on the blade of grass that snuck in the photo.)


My wonderful husband.


What a perfect Mother's day it was! I did exactly what I wanted to do and enjoyed every minute of it.
How could I know life would get this good?

No comments: